Friday, April 17, 2009

Google Analytics

For those of you fellow bloggers out there who aren't using this tool, I highly recommend it. Google Analytics is a website that gives you lots of fun data on your website, such as number of hits per day, whether those hits are random or if they are repeat visits, and what websites are referring to your site the most. For instance, most of our visits are direct visits, followed by Google searches, followed by fellow blogger links. Ben & Anna Barron are the leading referral site. Props! Then Facebook, then Lauren & Ben Beck. Fun stuff to know! Also, Tuesdays appear to be our highest traffic day, and Saturdays are our lowest traffic day. Don't worry, for you blog stalkers out there, we can't tell who you are, so I won't be able to reserve-stalk you :). If you are interested in getting this data, the website is analytics.google.com, and you simply log in and enroll your blog to start getting data. I am a data hound (so nerdy, but true), so I love this stuff. Let me know what you think, or if you are already using it, gimme some tips!

4 comments:

grizaham said...

I love me some statistics!

Bre said...

I will so be doing like. I'm like you I love data :)

Anna said...

yay for us!! I love google analytics too! don't know much about it though-just that it shows that A LOT more people visit the blog than comment on it!!

lg2006 said...

I love stats too! Mondays are my biggest day!