Thursday, June 4, 2009

On the move

Margaret Anne has started moving everywhere! We don't have a crawler though, she is more of a "scooter." She sits on her bottom and scoots wherever she wants to go. I think it is because she hated being on her tummy, so she doesn't have that much upper body strength.
When she first started scooting, she would only go a short distance, to get her paci or her hairbrush. Now I can't turn around good and she is all over the place. Today she has taken an interest in drawers. This morning I let her watch Baby Einstein (I swear we don't do that all day long, it just sounds like we do) while I was finishing up the dishes. When I walked into the kitchen, she was in the middle of the floor, and when I came back a few minutes later she was doing this:

This was last night. She likes to scoot over to the edges of the furniture and try to pull up, but she can't because she gets her legs under the furniture. It is really sad and funny because she tries so hard but hasn't figured out how to get her legs out from under there yet.

She has started saying a lot more lately too. She loves to say "Uh Oh," Da-da, Na-Na (which my mother loves because she is Nonna), and every once in a while we will hear a "mama" but not very often. She is growing up so fast!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She didn't erase out DVR did she??!!! So funny

The Jernigan's said...

she is precious! isn't it awesome to be at home for the summer?