Thursday, January 14, 2010

I have found it.


My new workout, that is. Pictured above are Lindsay Lancaster and Danielle Davis, owners of the new Pure Barre Technique that opened this month in Birmingham. Danielle is a friend of mine (she is married to one of Hays' best friends), so I really wanted to try out the classes and experience all of the greatness. I went yesterday, and it is the best workout that I have had in YEARS. You work to tone and lengthen (so that you don't build bulk) muscles in places that are hard to work on - your thighs, seat, abs, even the back of your arms. It was hard, and I am extremely sore today, but I know I will get better at it as time goes on. It was an hour workout, and you are concentrating so hard on doing the exercises that you really don't think about the world outside for the duration of the class. My instructor was really sweet, she knew that it was my first class and helped me with my form when I needed help, which I really liked. I am so glad that I have a workout that I like that will target the areas that I want to work on most! If you want to read about the technique and the studio, check it out here.
I think this might help me along with those resolutions that I made ;)

4 comments:

lg2006 said...

Dang those are some pretty ladies! Great advertisement for the gym! I am excited to hear more about this!

catherine said...

I want to go with you sometime if you go again. If I could look anything like Danielle after attending, I definitely want to try it!!

ml said...

Hey Catherine! I have been going A Lot. Email me at meredithmccool at yahoo dot com if you want to go with, I would love it!

Katie corn said...

I still want to go!!!