Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recipes

Some of you have asked for recipes, so here they are! I have collected these from random places and use them over and over.

Apricot Chicken


Sour Cream Pork Chops
4-6 pork chops
8 oz sour cream
1 sliced onion
1 cup beef broth (I made mine with 2 cups boiling water and a boullion cube, but only used 1 cup of it)
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 t paprika
1 T prepared mustard
2 T parsley flakes
salt/pepper to taste

Brown outside of pork chops in skillet. Add all ingredients EXCEPT sour cream and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered. Add sour cream and simmer for 10 mins uncovered. Serve over rice.
         *Note - I changed this a little and browned the pork chops, then cooked everything in the crock pot for about 1 1/2  hours on high. Then I added the sour cream. The sauce was a little thin, so I added about a tablespoon of flour and cooked it for another 30 mins.

I got the Pineapple Cheese Casserole recipe here. ALERT: Not healthy, but oh so good!

Let me know if you want any more recipes!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am trying to do better about cooking also. We have cooked or eaten at home every day since last Sunday (the 3rd), except for one day. Not sure how long it will last, but we are trying! Would love to have your chicken florentine recipe. Thanks!

lg2006 said...

Thanks I wanted to try!

Unknown said...

i can vouch for these! They are really good!

Marianna said...

I was secretly hoping that you would post recipes...I'm always in need of something new. It's easy to get stuck in a rut making the same things over and over! Thanks! MA is getting so big and looking more adorable every post!