Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Doppler Chronicles: Part Deux

Well, I have to say that was a VERY eloquent post by Hays. Well Done! Every doctor's appointment has been so exciting. I was worried for a few minutes when the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat, but she just had to search for it for a second, and there it was!
I wanted to add a little about our doctor. He is rather new to the practice, and at the office where we go, the OB docs are broken off into "pods," where you are supposed to rotate through and see each doctor in the "pod" at least once before you deliver. This is so you are comfortable with whoever happens to be there when you have your baby. Yesterday, they were planning on rotating us to a different doctor, but when I was writing down all of my questions I pictured myself asking MY doctor and I felt really comfortable with that. So when they told me they were going to rotate me I said "Okay," because I knew it was necessary, but I was a little disappointed. When our doctor saw us walking down the hall, he stuck his head in the room to say hello and I told him I had all of these questions ready for him, and he said "Well, ask me real fast!" So I showed him my long list and he decided to see us instead of rotating us to the other doc. I don't think he was ignoring a scheduled appointment, like Hays said, I think he just had an extra minute. He also got out the Doppler again so he could hear the heartbeat too! That time it was much easier to find because I knew where it was.
And, I am SO excited to find out the sex of the baby in less than 4 weeks! I still have no idea what it is and I just pray that when we have the ultrasound we see a healthy little boy or girl in there.

3 comments:

lg2006 said...

I have had some trouble leaving comments lately but I have to say that I think Hays has found his calling! You are a funny blogger Hazer! Good stuff.
Also I thought about you today when I took my doggles out into the snow and all they wanted to do for the camera was PEE.

Unknown said...

LG,
Thanks for the encouragement! I have discovered I realy enjoy writing, so I'll try to keep it up

grizaham said...

Dopplers are fun. I use them at work too but not on young pregnant woman... :)