Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heathcliff Huxtable

Monday night Hays was cleaning some dishes and realized (after he had put SHRIMP in there) that our garbage disposal no longer worked. Our AWESOME neighbor, Jason, came over to look at it (he can fix anything) and said it was unfixable. So, Hays made a trip to Lowe's without my knowledge and purchases a new garbage disposal and begins installing it himself. I called him on my way home from work, and he let me know what he was doing. Now, remember, pregnant people aren't always the most rational people in the world, but I tried really hard. I said "You're installing it by yourself?" To which he said "Yeah, I have the instruction manual." Now, to me, those words were not reassuring. I said ( panicky) "Where did Jason go?" " To buy a video game," Hays said. So when I got home I came in and flipped out a little inside my head when I saw the mess in the kitchen, but the important thing is that I KEPT IT IN. Victory over myself. I also ran next door when I saw Jason was back home and asked him to please help "Heathcliff Huxtable" under the sink before he ruined my kitchen! He laughed, and by the time I got back inside and changed out of my work clothes, Jason was done installing the disposal. Not without Hays' help, though. Turns out there was some pipe cutting involved, and if I had known that was going to be done I would have really been nervous! Hays took some pictures, but unfortunately I didn't get a pic of the funniest thing, which was him sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, surrounded by tools.

On another note, did anyone watch the male performances on American Idol last night? Some of them were pretty embarassing. I keep having these flashbacks of Hays making fun of some of the guys, and I have to struggle not to laugh out loud!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fixing the disposal was fun! I should try out of "American Impersonator"!

lg2006 said...

Hey I left a comment here the other day and dont see it! anyway just wanted to say I am still laughing about this!